Ain’t no party
like a weird food
white elephant party ’cause a weird food white
elephant party is the party
that you are going to see happen on your computer
screen today as you watch
this show. Let’s talk about that.( music playing )Good mythical morning. And merry Christmas eve
eve eve. – Hmm.
– And as is the tradition on
every Christmas eve eve eve, we’re about to give you
a great show. We’re going to be highlighting
odd K-pop band, testing out your very own
Christmas food hacks
on our mouths, and sprinting through just about
every New Years Eve tradition as fast as humanly possible. But this is also
the season finale of season 12
of “Good Mythical Morning.” – ( vocalizing )
– And that’s why we’re wearing our “Good Mythical Morning”
sweatshirts. Actually, I wanted to wear,
but Link was like, – “I want to wear it, too.”
– I wanted to wear one. – And he was like, “I wanted
to wear one, too.”
– Okay, we’ll both wear. – We’ll both wear them.
– We’ll be in uniform. Form. That’s what a season finale
will do to you. We will be back
on Monday, January 8th
with season 13. Enjoy the archives
in the meantime. – Yeah.
– But first, you probably know that a white elephant
gift exchange is a game
where you give gag gifts. – Mm-hmm.
– You probably also are aware
that we eat a lot of foods on this show
that make Link gag. – And I gag from time to time.
– Yeah. So we thought we’d combine
the two in… Okay, we’re joined by
some mythical crew members, – as well as Santa himself.
– Wow. – Okay, here’s how–
– Look, guys, Santa’s here. Ho, ho, ho.
It’s been a bad year. – Oh.
– Santa’s in a bad way. Okay, here’s how
this is going to work. All of these gifts
under Santa’s tree
have food in them. And it works
just like white elephant. So the person who goes first,
which we drew ahead of time, which will be me,
I’ll go first. I will pick one of these, but then the subsequent people
have a chance to either
steal my gift… – Or get a new gift.
– …or get a new gift
from Santa. But if you get a new–
if you steal a gift, the penalty is you have
to eat one of Santa’s cookies. And, Santa,
are those good cookies? Nope. I made them myself with
spoiled ingredients and hate. – ( laughing )
– What happened to you
this year, Santa? – Made some bad investments.
– ( laughter ) Now I got this sweet gig
on this YouTube show where I’m gonna get less hits
than a cat that falls off
a shelf. – Ho, ho, ho.
– ( laughter ) Incidentally, the presents
aren’t the only thing
that contain prizes. – Santa’s beard also has
– Yeah, it does. – What is that? Cheese puffs?
– Don’t touch it.
I need it for later. – ( laughing )
– Yeah, those are just
for Santa. Okay, what we’re gonna do
is we each have to sit
in Santa’s lap. – Of course.
– And then, make a decision of
if we want to see what’s under Santa’s tree,
or steal that naughty
child’s meal. And those are the words
we have to use – when talking to Santa.
– Okay, I’m going first. Lap him up, Santa. Santa, I don’t
really have a choice
because I’m going first, so this boy… wants to see what’s
under Santa’s tree. There you go, Johnny Internet.
Have fun. – ( laughing )
– Merry freaking Christmas. – He’s very…
– Wow, you– you really– you’re really
exuding the spirit. Okay, here we go.
I’m going to open it
to see exactly what we got here. I was told
to be gentle with it. – Oh, it’s just a–
– Clear box. – It’s just a cupcake.
– Oh, a cupcake. Okay, Ellie,
you’re going next, right? – Yeah.
– So you get to decide– – well, you first got to sit
on Santa’s lap.
– Well, on this show, this could be a good cupcake
or a bad cupcake, – and I have no way
– Yeah. I know what we’ve hidden
in cupcakes before. – Uh, hello.
– ( laughter ) Um, can I see
what’s under your tree? You look like my daughter
the courts won’t let me see. Oh. Oh, well. Wow, thank you so much,
Santa. You didn’t spend much time
on Santa’s lap, Ellie. – Well, you know,
it’s a fraught time.
– Good choice. Good choice. Why do all your employees
look like professional
hacky sack players? ( laughter ) These look like the kids
I buy pills from behind
the bowling alley. – ( laughing )
– Yeah. I think Mike was a
at one time. – Never hacky sack.
– Well, surprise, surprise. – Never hacky sack?
– No. Link: Okay, so we’ve got
a powdered donut. The question is,
what’s that powder? – I know.
– Right? I think I have an idea. I mean, mine looks
very harmless. Okay, Mike, do you want
the cupcake, the donut– well, first you got
to sit in his lap. I was gonna say
I want to sit on the lap. – It’s my choice.
– You want to sit on the lap. – Hello.
– Honestly, I’m enjoying having
a little bit of human contact. Fair enough. I’d love to see
what’s under your tree. Nobody’s stealing yet.
Hmm. Okay. And I can’t open it here,
huh? I mean, you can stick around
if you want to. – I’ll come back later.
– I’m enjoying having you
in the jingle zone. – ( laughter )
– I was thinking the same thing. It’s going to be hard
to leave. You didn’t want
to steal either, huh? I mean, it’s just we don’t know
anything about these. – I think mine looks
– This is wrapped really tight. Okay.
Now that is– I mean,
I’ve eaten worse, I suppose. Oh. – What is that?
– Is that a eggroll, a burrito,
or a chalupa? It’s definitely
a fried dough of some sort. – Is it burned?
– Somebody definitely made
this here. Okay, Alex.
Lap time. – ( chuckles )
– Hey, Santa. All right. I thought a lot about it,
I’d love to steal that
naughty kid’s meal. – Which one?
– Um… – ( laughter )
– Okay, that’s assault.
That’s assault, Santa. You can’t– I know it’s
been a rough year. You can’t just start
throwing stuff. – Just take a cookie!
– Ugh. – You smell like a brewery.
– ( laughter ) I smell pretty good
considering that I sleep
in an irrigation ditch! – Take a cookie!
– Okay, thank you. I’d, uh– I think that
the frosting could cut
through badness unless the frosting’s bad,
too. – So I’ll take that.
– Okay. – Of course–
– Thank you. – You need to eat that.
– Oh, do I? – Finish– finish the cookie.
– Do I eat it on your– Yeah, you have to finish it
on my lap. Get back here! ( laughter ) Daddy needs a warm lap.
Finish your cookie. Oh, that’s chewy. I don’t know
what that is. – Is it good?
– It’s not bad. I’m afraid to know
what it is though. – I know what it is.
– What is it? You want to know what it is?
Take another bite. – No.
– You’ll need your energy
for your drum circle later. – ( laughter )
– Take a bite. You know what it is? It’s glue.
That is a straight up
glue cookie. So you love eating glue? I could do–
it’s not that bad. – Okay.
– All right. Well, no, so I have to
replenish my gift now. Mm-hmm. So you’re gonna
take a gift or are you gonna– – I think you should steal.
– I have inspected this donut, and it looks like
we didn’t make it. That’s all I’m saying.
I think it would be…
( clicks ) I think it’s a good one. She’s deceptive.
Women are deceptive. – ( laughter )
– Yikes. – Santa.
– Yikes. Just speaking
from past experience.
I’ve lived, okay? – Okay.
– You know what?
I’m gonna take Mike’s eggroll. – Kinda bummed about that.
– What? – Hey, that’s a good call.
– You’re taking the burnt,
flattened eggroll? – Yeah, ’cause I–
– I think you have sit on
Santa’s lap – to take the eggroll.
– Yeah, you gotta eat your
cookie there, beardo. Come on.
Here you go. This is a good one. Looks moldy. – Yeah, get a mouthful.
– Big bite. – What’s happening to you?
– What’s that? You want to know what that is?
You want to know what that is? – What’s it taste like?
– You want to know what that is? – Guess.
– Sawdust. – Yeah, that’s what it is.
– Really? – Yeah, sawdust.
– ( laughter ) Like they used to clean up
puke at the carnival. – Sawdust.
– Yeah. I can taste it.
It’s not that bad. I’m gonna set it
right there. – Mike?
– So now I get another choice. – Is that right?
– Yeah, you gotta eat something. Can I go back on the lap? – Yeah, you can go.
– I don’t know.
Can he come back on your lap? – Hell, yeah.
– I will choose to do that
once more. ( sighs )
It seems like you’re just gonna
give me that, so I’ll take it. Yeah.
Here you go, hot stuff. – Thank you. Oh, it’s heavy.
– A big one. And I’ll wait
one second here. This is really nice.
I’m enjoying the intimacy. ( exhales sharply )
Okay. Did you lay an egg? I’ll keep that between us. I don’t want to know
what just happened. He gave me a Dutch lap. ( laughter ) Okay, it’s just
a bigger eggroll. – ( laughter )
– Really? I can’t see it. Oh, that’s a burrito. – Okay. So I’m up.
– Mm-hmm. Yeah. Get over here. It’s like getting a lap dance
from a more ungainly
Elvis Costello. ( laughter ) “A more ungainly.” Wow, this– there’s a lot
of teetering going on here. – Whoa.
– I have a lot
or artificial joints. ( laughing )
I can hear them.
Oh, I have to make a choice. – Yes, you do.
– Yeah, I mean, whatever. They’re paying me by the hour,
so take your time. Do whatevs. Well, that’s a big,
square one. I promise you
they didn’t make this. I will steal
that naughty child’s meal. ( laughing )
What a weird experience. – Here you go.
– All right, so I got this. It’s cookie time, though. – It smells just like
– Mm-hmm. Very chewy. You want to know what that is?
You want to know what that is? You want to know what that is? – Guess. Guess.
– Shortbread? – No, it’s frog’s legs.
– Seriously? Frog meat.
It’s a frog meat cookie. – It’s very chewy.
Frog meat cookie.
– Yeah. – Mm.
– Now you can have the rest. Oh. That was–
oh, my gosh. – All right, Ellie.
– This better be good. – Hello again, sir.
– Oh. Okay, um, I would like to see
what’s underneath your tree. Reach over there. I seriously can’t
get over there.
I’m too tired. – All right. ( groans )
– I had– I had a rough night. Wow, this is the big one. I love a big gift. My love language is gifts. So… wow. – Very meticulous
in your opening.
– You know, you can’t– you can’t keep
that paper, Ellie. – ( laughter )
– No, you can’t keep it
for yourself. – I have so many
– Not allowing that. – Oh, a whole pie. Okay.
– Gracious! – Oh, my.
– Yeah! Whatever that is,
it’s the biggest. Oh, boy. Can you look in the crack
and see anything? Yeah, I mean,
it looks like fruit. It looks like a fruit pie. but I am super,
super stressed out about it. – No.
– Okay, so now
we’re back to Rhett because as the final round,
you get to make a final choice. Do you want to keep whatever
version of an eggroll that is? Getting a closer look
at my donut. Do you want to steal
any naughty child’s meal? – Man.
– I feel like
they wouldn’t– – I’ll trade with you.
– You trade with me? – Yeah.
– You have to eat a cookie. – And I’ll eat another cookie.
– I feel like… I did a good thing.
A good thing was just
done to me. – Oh, fish eggs?
– Yeah, fish eggs. ( laughter ) Right?
Come on, too slow! – ( laughter )
– Yeah. – That was a mistake.
– All right, it’s time to eat. Santa’s got to be
in Chatsworth by 4:00. ( laughter ) – All right, Ellie, go for it.
– All right. Thank you. I don’t really know how
to just eat into a pie. – Oh.
– It looks so normal. Yeah, it do– Eat it! – Just a regular cherry pie.
– Oh, Ellie! – Dang!
– What fun. – Lucky.
– Good. I don’t like cherries. – Okay, Mike.
– Well, that means this is
probably bad now, huh? Now it’s time for
the Warped Tour roadies to go. ( laughter ) RIP. Hmm. Big old bite. – There’s something–
there’s something in there.
– You feeling of it? – Yep, I’m sure there is.
– Maybe bite the side. – Like, go– yeah.
– Come on, man. Yes. Yes! – Guys.
– Ho, ho, ho.
It’s dog food. – It’s a dog food burrito.
– ( laughter ) – I can’t do it.
– Which some of us have had
to eat in hard times. – I won’t do it.
– So don’t be a snob. He can spit it
right back into the thing. – ( groans )
– ( laughter ) – Ugh. I still might puke.
– Oh! – No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
– Use the can. – No, fill the box with puke.
– Use the box to puke. Oh, it’s in the mustache. Ugh! – That was good.
– Okay, Alex. Mine smells very sour. And I don’t really think
this is frosting at all, now is it, Santa? – Okay, right.
– ( laughing ) – I didn’t think so.
– I can see the anger
in your eyes a little bit. Huh? Huh? It tastes
kinda normal to me. It was a cupcake
with mayonnaise icing. – Oh!
– Mayonnaise ic– okay,
that’s cool. – I invented it.
– You like it? Yeah, tasty.
You did a great job. – That’s middle of the road,
– Yeah. That’s kind of
a middle of the road thing. That’s kinda–
it’s like sour cream icing. – Thanks, Santa.
– Who knew? Mayonnaise icing. That does not bode well
for either of us, Link. – Good idea, Santa.
– I got the idea from
Guy Fieri’s Christmas letter. ( laughter ) – Okay.
– He’s not getting it though.
He’s been a bad boy. I’m going in on
the eggroll. Now see, my instinct was that
that was just a normal eggroll. Go for the middle. – Ew!
– That’s not
a normal eggroll. – Oh, no.
– I think it’s spicy. – Oh, no!
– I think that’s a straight– – ( gags ) What is it?
– Ho, ho, ho. It’s an eggroll filled
with sardines and jalapenos. ( laughter ) Fill the box
with puke! – Ugh!
– ( laughter ) – Uh…
– Ellie: Wow,
Merry Christmas, Link. ( gagging ) Okay. Oh, you’re just throwing
the whole thing away, okay. I’m going in for my donut. – Now if Ellie is correct,
that is a–
– Don’t look. – Just bite it.
– Bite in. Big bite. Good gracious,
that’s a big bite. Ugh!
( gagging ) ( laughter ) – You better be glad you got rid
of whatever that is.
– Is it malic acid? – What is it?
– Ho, ho, ho. It’s a donut
filled with bugs. – ( retching )
– Oh, God! – But they’re–
– I thought the top was all
gonna be malic acid. But it’s horrible.
Like, I’ve eaten a lot of bugs, but there’s something wrong
with these ones. – Ugh!
– They’re all the bugs that died
in my tent last night. – ( laughter )
– That’s right.
I sleep in a tent! – Ugh!
– Okay. Hey, thanks guys for spending some quality time
with us and Santa. And, Santa, uh, – you’re welcome any time.
– Pfft. Stick around for the next
segment where Rhett tests
my knowledge of weird Korean K-pop music. Rhett:
Look winsome in the wind
in winterwith this new
GMM crewneck sweatshirtavailable